DRAFT Recreation Plan Available for Review
Looking for an opportunity to have your voice heard? The Osceola County Parks Commission is updating the County's Recreation Plan and is seeking input.
The DRAFT 2021-2025 Osceola County Recreation Plan has been completed and is posted online. After reviewing the DRAFT Recreation Plan you can send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. All comments will be considered prior to finalizing the Plan.
The Recreation Plan is non-directive in nature; however, it fulfills several very important objectives:
- It helps ensure coordination between the Parks Commission and local units of government and governmental entities.
- It gives the Parks Commission an opportunity to receive formal feedback from the public.
- It provides the Parks Commission an opportunity to reflect and focus on the direction of their efforts.
- It supports Goal #11, Action #2 of the Osceola County, Michigan Future Land Use Plan; “The County Planning Commission and the County Board of Commissioners will maintain an up-to-date countywide recreation plan and apply for appropriate grants to improve recreation opportunities in Osceola County.”
- It allows the Parks Commission to apply for grants through the Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund. In order to do so the Plan must be filed with, and approved by, the Michigan Department of Natural Resources.