The Osceola County Community Development office is Osceola County's point of contact for economic development programs, activities, and questions. For assistance please email or call Dan Massy at (231) 832-7397.
In addition to providing general assistance, other economic development related activities performed by the Community Development office include:
- Conducting a Business Retention & Expansion Program.
- Developing and maintaining the County Profile. More detailed demographic data is available upon request.
- Marketing available industrial land and buildings (i.e. County website, ZoomProspector, written material, etc.)
- Maintaining an Osceola County Manufacturers Directory.
- Managing Osceola County's Brownfield Redevelopment Program.
- Serving as the coordinator for Osceola County's broadband expansion initiative.
- Managing the Osceola County Land Bank Authority.
- Serving on the Michigan Works! West Central Workforce Development Board, the West Michigan Regional Planning Commission (WMRPC), and the WMRPC's Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy Committee.
- Maintaining contacts with local, regional, and State agencies.
- Developing and maintaining the Economic Development section of the County website.
- Working special projects (i.e. Manufacturing Week, grants, etc.).