Our office serves as an Official Passport Acceptance Agent for the United States Government. The closest federal office is located in Detroit, Michigan. All forms as well as instructional information can be obtained from our office or on the U.S. Department of State’s web site.
For more information on the Fees charged by the United States Passport Agency please go to: http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/fees/fees 837.html
Passport application fees must be paid by personal check or money order only. Please make checks/money orders payable to the U.S. Department of State with applicant’s name and birth date in memo line.
The processing fee of $25.00 is payable to the Register of Deeds office. We accept cash, check, money order and credit card.
Application General Information
The Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 required that by January 1, 2008, travelers to and from the Caribbean, Bermuda, Panama, Mexico and Canada have a passport or other secure, acceptable document to enter or re-enter the United States.
Application Processing Hours
We accept passport applications Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. (excluding holidays). No appointment needed.
Application General Requirements
- All applicants must appear in person.
- Do not sign application in advance. An oath must be administered before you sign your application.
- Please bring with you a certified copy of your birth certificate and your driver’s license. Your birth certificate will need to be submitted to the passport agency along with your application. Certified copies, as well as original documents will be returned by the Passport Agency.
- All applications must be filled out with BLACK ink.
- Passport photos can be taken on site for a $10 fee.
You may contact our office at (231) 832-6113 or visit us at 301 W. Upton Ave., Reed City, Michigan if you have any questions.