Dan Massy, Community Development Coordinator
301 W. Upton
Reed City, MI 49677
The Community Development office is responsible for both community and economic development programs.
Community Development Activities
- Develop and maintain a County Profile. Upon request, provide detailed data.
Develop and maintain the County website.
- Serve as the Recording Secretary for the Osceola County Planning Commission. Schedule meetings, research topics, develop agendas, draft minutes, draft correspondence, and maintain Osceola County's Future Land Use Plan.
- Serve as the Coordinator for the Osceola County Solid Waste Committee.
- Serve as the facilitator for Osceola County's broadband expansion initiative. Work with Connect Michigan, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), and others to increase broadband availability, access, and use throughout the County.
- Serve as the Coordinator for the Osceola County Land Bank Authority. Schedule meetings, develop agendas, draft minutes, draft correspondence, and work projects.
- Write grants on behalf of Osceola County and local units of government within the County.
- Serve as the Local Administrator for the Osceola County Home Repair Program. Work with the Third Party Administrator to schedule meetings, develop agendas, draft minutes, draft correspondence, and perform grant management functions.
- Serve as a representative to the West Michigan Regional Planning Commission (WMRPC), the WMRPC's Comprehensive Economic Development Committee, and the Michigan Works West Central, Work Force Development Board.
- Maintain, in conjunction with the Parks Department, the County's Five-Year Recreation Plan.
- Work special projects.
Economic Development Activities
Serve as a point of contact for business related questions and issues.
- Provide assistance to small businesses.
- Conduct a Business Retention and Expansion (BR&E) program.
- Develop and maintain a County Manufacturers Directory.
- Work special projects; Brownfield Redevelopment, Opportunity Zones, or other projects as opportunities arise.