Dan Massy, Community Development Coordinator
301 W. Upton
Reed City, MI 49677
The Community Development office is responsible for both community and economic development programs.
Community Development Activities
- Develop and maintain the County Profile. Upon request, provide detailed data.
Develop and maintain the County website.
- Serve as Coordinator for the Osceola County Planning Commission. Schedule meetings, research topics, develop agendas, draft minutes, draft correspondance, and maintain Osceola County's Future Land Use Plan.
- Serve as Coordinator for the Osceola County Solid Waste Committee.
- Serve as leader of Osceola County's broadband expansion initiative (Connect Nation). Work with Connect Nation to increase broadband availability, access, and use throughout the County.
- Serve as Coordinator for the Osceola County Land Bank Authority. Schedule meetings, develop agendas, draft minutes, draft correspondance, and work projects.
- Write grants on behalf of Osceola County and local units of government within the County.
- Serve as Local Administrator for the Osceola County Home Repair Program. Schedule meetings, develop agendas, draft minutes, draft correspondance, and manage State grant.
- Serve as a representative to the West Michigan Regional Planning Commission (WMRPC), the WMRPC's Comprehensive Economic Development Committee, and the Michigan Works West Central Work Force Development Board.
- Maintain, in conjunction with the Parks Department, the County's Five-Year Recreation Plan.
- Work special projects.
Economic Development Activities
All economic development activities can be found in the Planning & Development tab which is across the top of every page.